Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Automobile insurance can help protect you against financial loss in the case of an accident. The policy is a contract between you and your insurance provider. For a policy premium, the insurance carrier agrees to pay losses as defined by the policy language. In the state of Massachusetts, auto insurance is mandatory to register a vehicle.
What is covered by the MA auto policy?
- Physical Damage coverage (Collision & Comprehensive) - pays for damage to or theft of your own vehicle
- Liability & Property Damage - pays for bodily injury to others and property damage, for which you are held legally responsible.
- Medical coverage & Personal Injury Protection - MA is a PIP state which means that every auto policy includes $8,000 worth of Personal Injury Protection on a no-fault basis. Additional medical coverage can be purchased in the form of Medical Payments Coverage.
The Massachusetts auto policy is comprised of twelve parts. The first four parts are compulsory and are required. Parts 5-12 of the policy represent optional coverages.
Why is it important to have car insurance?
Insurance is all about providing financial security.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, the lender will require that you carry collision and comprehensive to protect their interest.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an auto accident the medical bills could be extensive.
- If you or a vehicle that you are legally responsible for causing an accident that injures another party, you may be sued. Additional limits of liability can be purchased in the form of an umbrella policy.
A few things to consider:
Richardson Insurance can help you find the auto insurance that meets your specific needs.
- How much can you afford to pay if your vehicle is damaged? You may want to carry a higher deductible to keep the premium down.
- Will a direct writer provide the same level of service and guidance as an independent agent like Richardson Insurance? (hint: we don't think so)
- What discounts are you eligible for? Available auto discounts include Paid in Full, paperless, multi-car, multi-policy, Motor Club Membership (ie AAA), Good Student, low mileage, anti-theft devices, and more!
- In the unfortunate event of a claim, we will be by your side every step of the way.